Babies and toddlers beginning to eat table food need a base of protein and fat for proper development. While many meats and traditional forms of protein may be difficult for babies and small children to chew, tofu is an iron rich, protein that is soft and easy to eat. Blending it with blueberries gives it not only a sweet taste and fun color, it adds an antioxidant punch as well.
Feeding the Baby
As babies begin to transition from the first solid foods to foods with more substance, table foods and finger foods, parents may begin to grapple with what to feed their baby. Everything the baby eats up to the first year of life is just practice for the time when they will need to get all their nutrition from table foods.
For this reason, baby’s first foods should be full of different tastes, textures and nutrients to get them used to as wide a range of foods as possible. Tofu is a great first protein for babies and toddlers. It is easy to chew, blends well with other flavors and can be either spoon fed, or cut into cubes for a healthy finger food or snack.
Blueberries the Super Food
Blueberries have long topped the list of super foods that should be added regularly to any diet. Full of antioxidants, potassium and Vitamin C, blueberries are also known to have anti-inflamatory properties and to potentially ward off heart disease.
As a first finger food, a slightly squashed blueberry helps start a baby’s eating habits off right. Adding blueberries to tofu makes for a nutrient rich, colorful and flavorful meal.
Blueberries and Tofu Baby Food Recipe
Makes 1 Cup of Puree or 3/4 Cup of Cubes for Finger Food
- 1/3 Cup of Blueberries with all stems removed
- 2/3 Cup of Plain, Silken Tofu
- Roughly chop the tofu into large chunks
- Place the tofu and the blueberries in a food processor
- Pulse until just combined, then set the processor to high
- Continue blending on high for 3-4 minutes, or until completely smooth
- Pour the pureed tofu quickly into its storage container if spoon feeding the baby; the silken tofu will re-solidify to its original consistency, and can be easily spoon fed
- If feeding as finger food, transfer the pureed tofu and blueberry mixture to a small container. Press down on the top of the tofu with a wad of paper towel; water will begin to exit the tofu and be absorbed by the paper towel. The tofu that is left will be much harder and firmer in consistency and can now be cut into easy to pick up and eat cubes for an older baby or toddler.
If the cat peeing on bed is making you angry, you must to take action. Do not give up!
Today is very difficult to find the right beard growth vitamins on the web stores.